Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post-Easter Post

So I had a cracking weekend at Up The Creek. The bill was amazing, really strong young whippersnapper Kevin Bridges who at 22 is scarily talented, my old mucker Dominic Holland who I've not worked with for the best part of a decade, and magnificent Mike Gunn whose Gok Wan routine is funny cos its true!

Both Mike and I were in comedy heaven watching Dominic. He really is a master craftsman when it comes to gags, he leaves no comedy corner untouched. It's a lesson in how to do it watching him! Offstage he's still the same lovely, generous man he always was.

Yesterday I met up with some good mates for a lunch at Joe Allen. Its the first time I've been back there since I leapt blindly off the wagon on the night before New Years Eve and had to be carried out. If I hadn't changed my hair colour I doubt I'd have had the guts to go back! Obviously I wasn't on the blacklist cos not only did they let me in, we were given a free glass of champagne! That's how it all started last time. The reality of course is that infinitely more famous people than me have been carried out in far worse states from that place during its history I'm sure.

What else has been going on? Well last week saw me ooop North on Inheritance Watch... the fact that I came back to London and back to work tells you I'm no closer to getting my hands on the dosh! My Dad is gonna live forever and actually, for all my cynicism, I am really happy about that.

I'm back at the yoga with a vengeance, and found a new teacher who takes us beginners far further than any of the others. She's German I think, and as she barks her instructions, we all obey the orders!

I've noticed that I can feel far more bones -ribs, hips, gawd knows what! - and thought it was cos I was losing weight, but actually its because of the stretching. My spine is elongating and my posture is improving as a result! Yoga is da bomb!

The other wonderful thing in my life at the moment is The Wire. Just about every comic I know watched it either on Sky or via DVD box sets, but I'd resisted till it came onto BBC2 a couple of weeks back. Five nights a week is a helluva commitment, but so far I've stuck to it. Dominic West is sooooooooo handsome and his character McNulty is very sexy, but its Omar the gay drug dealer I'm loving watching. Let's hope I stick with it!

This weekend I get to go to Portsmouth and I am really looking forward to it. If the sun is shining, it'll be a fab chance to get some walking in. Not to mention good gigs with a cracking line-up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home