Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Up Battersea

I've finally cracked it! After doing three nights in a row at Battersea Jongleurs I've exorcised the ghosts from that particular venue, and it feels great.

Friday night saw a completely different line-up to Thursday, including two comics I'd not seen before - Matt Green and Kevin Bridges - who were both a real treat to watch. Both baby-faced tho Matt not quite as young as he appears, Kevin is only 21 and for someone soooooo young he really has a great grasp of what all this comedy malarkey is about. He's got a great presence onstage and a brilliant future ahead of him I'm sure.

The headliner on Friday was the fabulous Simon Evans who I've not see for aaaaaages. God it was bliss watching him perform! When he turned up he barely recognised me, then in typical comedian fashion he said I know look like Richard Morton with my new body and hair! From being a Jo Brand looky-likey to a Richard Morton one is a pretty massive leap, I'll leave it to you guys to decide if its a good one or not.

Saturday night, brought yet more changes. Eddie Brimson was on, and again its been a while. He too got a shock when he saw me. I find it interesting how men are fascinated by what I eat and how much, I thought it was just a girl thing.

Mickey Flannagan was back to close on Saturday and once again was just fantastic, both onstage and off.

The biggest treat of all was a visit by the gorgeous Stephen K Amos, who had a night off from his tour and popped in to say hi. It's been a while since he saw me work, and after I'd started the show he was full of praise, saying how 'effortless' my compering was. Coming from Steve that's a huge compliment. We nipped out for a fag and he showed me his shiny new car, its very fabulous! Best of all it's got a little granny seat at the back and I am small enough to fit in it now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home