Friday, November 16, 2007

A Really Cool Week

I love living in London!

Been a really good week, got lots of paperwork done, financial stuff sorted (including the funding for my surgery next year), and spent some quality time with an old friend.

Monday saw me get my most radical haircut for years. I'm still rocking the platinum blonde thing, when my old hair began to fall out and the new hair started growing I figured there was no point is trying to keep the smooth bob, so began to have it cut shorter and more textured, well this week me and Patrick the hairdresser really went for it. It's all punky and spikey and very very white blonde and I love it! It's dead easy to take care of too, the style is meant to look messy so it can never look wrong!

The weight loss is still continuing, I now weight 9 stones less than I did this time last year, which is phenomenal. The only downside is that I feel the cold really badly. So after I'd had my hair done I treated myself to a new winter coat. It's a silver Astrakan (ask yer granny) knee length coat from Next of all places. I'd seen it up in Leeds the other week, but hated the buttons on it which made it look cheap and nasty. Anyway I got it and then trolled up to John Lewis and bought some gorgeous mother of pearl ones (at a fiver each!) that make all the difference. Its really warm and snuggly, and perfect.

Monday night I was treated to dinner by an old friend at the Electric Brasserie in Portobello Road. I got myself dolled up and felt fantastic. It was great to see her, and she was a bit astounded by the way I look now. As we were leaving, I found myself being checked out by the other diners - male and female - I've never turned heads before! At least not for the right reasons.

Tuesday saw me stuck indoors waiting for delivery men and a man to fix my boiler. He turned up late in the day, but did a cracking job and now with three major parts replaced, I have scalding hot water and the flat is as warm as a warm thing. Yay.

Wednesday saw me heading off to Knightsbridge for a bit of retail therapy. I wore the new coat and used my gold Mabel bag, and as it was sunny I had my sunglasses on, I looked like some kind of Eurotrash princess and felt like Nancy del Olio! The handbag addiction overtook me again and I found myself buying a gorgeous Anya Hindmarch Beverley bag in shiny silver...it's to die for!

I think the handbag thing is a leftover from my fat days. They're the one thing you can buy that will always fit, and I simply cannot explain the sheer thrill I get from taking a new, gorgeous handbag out of the dustbag and transferring my stuff into it, oooh and then the first time you go out with it on your arm! My god it's better than the best sex I've ever had in my life. And I've had some mind-blowing sex in my time!

Yesterday I did a gig at Battersea Jongleurs, the first time I've ever done a Thursday night there and it was great! The line-up was good, Roger D, Mark Walker and Mickey Flannagan, who all kicked ass, and the audience were a bit more chilled than the weekend crowds, so we all really enjoyed our time onstage.

Best of all, I got home in time to see the final of Celebrity Scissorhands, and to see my mate Ninia Benjamin be crowned hairdresser of the year! She's been such good value on the show and by far the best, most natural hairdresser, so it was great to see justice done. She looked gorgeous in her frock and heels too!

So tonight and tomorrow its back to Battersea for more comedy, I can't wait!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home