Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Boy A

Did anyone else watch this amazing drama last night on C4?

There were pretty obvious links to the Jamie Bulger case, and I'm not really sure why I chose it over my usual dose of "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" other than the desire for a bit of quality rather than trash telly.

It was incredibly thought provoking, the actor who played the lead role was amazing as this young man trying to escape a horrific past. I'm still not sure what my feelings are about it, other than coming to the conclusion that - in this fictionalised account at least - all three children were victims.

Talking of quality TV, my pal Stephen K Amos's documentary "Batty Man" was nominated for a BAFTA! Sadly it didn't win, but how fantastic that such an important show was recognised. Well done Steve!

Had fun and games at the weekend getting home from Reading after my gigs at Jongleurs. Friday saw a 30 minute wait in sub-zero temperatures and Saturday night there was a bomb scare at the station! That turned out to be a false alarm thankfully, and I did get home and thaw out eventually.

The big joy for me at both gigs was watching Dave Haddingham. Me and Dave started out around the same time and I've always loved watching him, over the last few years he's really found his voice and this weekend he was absolutely spellbinding! Nobody does 'dark' as well as he does right now!

Just as well I enjoy spending time with him on and off-stage cos I'll be MC'ing him at the Glee Club in Birmingham this weekend too! How fabulous.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home