Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gawd I Love Comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So last night I was doing The Funny Side of Covent Garden, a tiny, fabulous club in the basement of what used to be Rumours cocktail bar back in the day (Aaaah the 80's).

I was the closing act, which is sometimes also known as the headline act, not last night tho! The first comic on was the brilliant Harry Hill! He's about to do some gigs with Paul Zenon and Lee Mack for a charity and wanted to warm up for it.

I haven't seen Harry in the flesh for ages, years in fact. He was the headline act the night I died on my hole at Up The Creek and was kind to me then, 15 years later he's still sweet. I was chuffed to see him for loads of reasons, I got to see him perform which is always a massive treat, and I got to thank him for the genius that is TV Burp! How brilliant is that show??????? It's one of maybe three shows in the history of TV ever that makes me laugh out loud every single week.

The best thing about seeing Harry again was that as he was a doctor in a previous life I could discuss all my surgeries with him in great depth and he understood what I was on about! How middle-aged is that?

So, Harry was cracking, lots of great gags, then the inimitable Ronnie Golden was on, and although I've known him forever, it was the first time I'd seen him live too. He was fantastic! Then it was me. I was sooooo nervous! No reason to be tho, as always, it was a cracking gig. I love that club!

Today I go to Leeds to do my favourite Jongleurs, and it's a mammoth run, five shows, four nights, great line-up, I'm MC'ing, gorgeous hotel and brilliant shops!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!

Whatever you guys are up to this weekend, enjoy it x

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home